Tonight I had the extraordinary experience of having dinner with Griffin and Jackie in celebration of their engagement. Griffin invited Kylie, Ethan and I to dinner. Jackie's mom Lisa also joined us. It was a very special evening for all of us. It was incredible for Griffin to share his heartfelt plan of how he was going to propose. All of his planning, the race to get the ring designed and completed, the location, how was he going to ask... I'm not sure I can express the feelings in my heart, as my son's shares his feelings about his sweet future wife.. here is my son 27 years later... a grown man who is successful in every aspect of his life. I am so proud of him. Griffin is a prince who found his princess in Jackie. He planned the perfect moment on a beautiful beach in Cabo... at sunset.. A gorgeous setting.. he knew how important this moment would be in Jackie's life..A treasured moment they shared privately talking about their dreams and future. Together they share a deep respect, love and passion for creating a life together.. They are in love with each other, with their dogs, with life...
Tonight as we gathered around the table for dinner, I smiled to myself as I took in every blissful moment as we listened to Jackie tell her story... of finding her prince.. and the fairytale that has brought them to this point. Jackie had no idea.. Griffin had just asked her to walk on the beach when in the perfect spot he dropped to one knee and asked her to be his wife. She said the minute he dropped on his knee she was already crying, when he pulled out the little black box... the tears really started to flow. Griffin had captured her heart... She knew at that moment the answer had always been yes... and know the time was right. Admiring the spectacular diamond on her finger and knowing how much time and detail went into planning the perfect token of Griffin's love for her...Griffin smiled as he proudly told me... he's tutored a lot of students and solved a lot of math problems in order to pay for the ring... we all laughed, Griffin is my tutor and a darn good one. It's nice to know I have made several contributions to his future endeavors.... Griffin has made a priceless investment into his future... he has carefully chosen this companion.. and she is a gem!
I am so fortunate to be a part of this happiness...I am so proud of my children. It was hard not to be over come with emotion at the table tonight as I reflected on my children. Cori, Brett and Henli were absent, they live in Missouri and we miss them every day... but they will soon join us in our celebration... We are going to celebrate Little Miss and the engagement! Henli can't wait to see how you have grown.. There is so much JOY in my life!
Tonight I celebrated with my math tutor.... You are simply amazing...
Much Love....
Mom..
Live with Intensity and Purpose..

i love this story! and all the other good things you've shared! woohoo!
ReplyDelete