Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 13, 2010

3 Wishes...

I am home today.. fighting a nasty head cold... I was thinking how terrible I was feeling when all of a sudden I thought.. What if I was granted 3 wishes today... what would I wish for... Then it dawned on me... Would my wishes be more along the lines of gratitude or pity, inspiration or inconvenience or finally long term joy or short term remedy... Very powerful thoughts.... It's easy when our body is wearing down to become emotional about how every ache and pain is hurting and unpleasant... the unfairness of sickness (and mine is just a common cold). It's easier when I am healthy to take for granted how blessed I really am.

I started thinking about my three wishes... here is what I came up with:

1). Wishing my daily attitude to an attitude of Gratitude! Yes there are going to be peaks and valleys in daily living... yet with that being said... OH MY GOODNESS... let me start by taking an inventory of my blessings: Griffin, Jackie, Cori, Brett, Henil (my sweet little miss), Kylie and Ethan.. Being born of goodly parents who provided the avenues for many of my opportunities today. Having the opportunity to return to school and making the most of my experiences, treasured friends, receiving answers to my prayers, feeling inspiration.. Have the opportunity to live at this time, understanding my contribution as a mother to four of the most amazing children. Being blessed with a great sense of humor and sharing my humor with those around me. Being the change I wish to see in my children, my community and ultimately my world.

2). Wishing Prosperity in the lives of everyone I come in contact with. Prosperity is not just about money... as a matter of fact most people I know who have money are the most unhappy. People who chase after money become consumed with power and materialism often leaving little time to enjoy the real treasures of life. I guess that is why God said... where your heart is...so is your treasure... I love the word Prosperity... Prosperity is the state of flourishing, thriving, success, or good fortune really encompassing happiness and health. What a fabulous state of mind to constantly thrive in... Wishing those around you success in their lives, relationships, raising their children, employment, health and happiness. I really believe prosperity is an eternal principle. The more we seek to be engaged in good works the more prosperity can flow right back into our lives.

3). Wishing for greater Wisdom. As the world continues to change, as problems continue to plague our homes and communities. My wish is for greater wisdom. Wisdom is a deep understanding and realizing of people, things, events or situations, resulting in the ability to choose or act to consistently produce the optimum results with a minimum of time and energy. Can you imagine how different your relationships with others could be if we exercised a greater understanding, without judgment? Wisdom requires a willing heart and mind. Wisdom requires daily practice and patience. Wisdom is respect and tolerance, while accepting people, things, events or situations as they are, and trusting yourself enough to know you have developed greater insight...

Gratitude, Prosperity and Wisdom are my three wishes.

Interestingly enough while I have been blogging.. I have also started feeling better.. I have come to know that when life is moving ahead and all systems are go... I tend to get very casual in expressing my gratitude for all that I have... Today this little exercise has been good for me... creating the clarity for me to embrace all that I have and fill my congested head with joy and bliss.

I always end with Live with Intensity and Purpose... I was asked why...

Our lives are measured by seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years, the older I have become... the faster time passes... Even on the bad days... we have a choice in how we spend our precious time. For many years I was angry and bitter.. When I finally came to a place where I could understand that... 8 years had passed.. 8 years that I could never get back. 8 years that I chose to stay stuck... to me that wasn't living with purpose ... just regret.... When I realized I was the only one that could change what I had created... I felt much like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz... I was wearing my ruby red slippers waiting for everyone else to get me home... Much to my surprise... with hard work, complete honesty, forgiveness and a willingness to try another way... I did find my way back... to a much better life..

I have found living with the intensity of love and the understanding of my personal purpose.. I am alive, vibrant and focused.. and my days are filled with magical experiences and moments.

To you my sweet sister where every you may be today... My wishes for you are may your hearts always been filled with Gratitude, may your lives be blessed with great Prosperity and may your hearts be filled with Wisdom to create your heaven on earth.

My wish for you all... To Live with Intensity and Purpose!

Carla

2 comments:

  1. My sweet friend, I hope that you are feeling better soon. I, too, have been suffering from the common cold, asthma, and just overall yuckiness! Apparently, there's something going around . . . and across the country. You gave me food for thought as I considered what I would wish for! I found myself going back and forth between the crazy and outlandish to the most hopeful and all-encompassing. Needless to say, I went for the most hopeful and all-encompassing!

    My first wish is for peace. That does not mean for there "to be no noise, no trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things, and still be calm in your heart." No author as yet has been put to those words, but they ring true to me. I hope that others can find peace within themselves and in turn show peace toward others. There is far too much noise, trouble, and conflict in this world. We must seek peace. As my one of my favorite childhood songs begins, "Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me."

    My second wish is for others to believe in and know God. I am grateful to have been brought up in the church. I am lucky to have a relationship with God. I am blessed with His grace and hope that others can come to know Him.

    My third wish, well, that's where I go a little outside the box and simply wish for three more wishes!

    Peace out, my friend, Carla :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend.... I love your wish for peace...your words ring true for me as well. Isn't that what real peace is all about.. Learning to cherish life amongst the noise, trouble and hard work... we may consider joining forces to author that... :)

    I too am grateful for a strong belief in God and the reverence and wonder my faith brings me. I also agree it would be great to share his glad message with more of our sisters in need...

    and finally... you inspire me Anne.... your love of knowledge and teaching is an incredible gift. Your ability to influence the young minds you teach is so crucial to our future..

    I love your sense of wonder... of course you would think outside the box... and simply wish for three more wishes... :)

    That is why I adore you! Having a grandbaby really changes the way you view the world... and especially the world we wish for them!

    I love you Anne.

    ReplyDelete