I've thought about this blog for along time. I've pondered the name 'My Sisters' Keeper even longer. Tonight I decided I wanted to reach out to my sisters' and share my thoughts, experiences and story and in turn, create a blog for each of you to share your thoughts, experiences and stories. Together let's build a community for women. Let's celebrate the extraordinary accomplishments of the women in our lives. I want this blog to serve as beacon of light for women to come together in the spirit of friendship, inspiration and encouragement.
My inspiration is to create an unbreakable chain of women who are authentic, enthusiastic to love, understand and sustain one another while lifting each other to a higher ground and deeper understanding of sisterhood and solidarity. Together we can create the 'change' we wish to experience in our world, especially with our daughters and our sisters who are feeling unloved, abused, overwhelmed and let down by life. Together let's create a movement of unconditional love, acceptance and support for each other.
Today my life is filled with close loving relationships with my four children, my treasured son in law and my cherished future daughter in law and my 'new grand baby'. I absolutely adore each one of my children, counting my blessings at the incredibly kind, compassionate and accomplished each one of them are. My youngest turned 18 this year, graduating from high school, while my other three have set sail in their own lives. Each child has invested in their future by choosing to further their education. I am so proud of their individual natures and collective support for one another. I am a single mother who has successfully raised her children with the help of a very close knit community. I would like to acknowledge my former husband, Greg and his wife Ann as being very instrumental in working together to raise exceptional children.
I view my life much like 'Chicken Soup' for the Soul.... In the course of my life, I have laughed, cried, triumphed, lost, gained, learned, felt alone, been afraid, had a good cry, felt unbelievable joy and happiness, felt loved and valued and felt overwhelming failure and defeat. I believe through the inspirational experiences of others I have gained a greater perspective of knowledge and living with my authentic self. It's not easy to overcome a lifetime filled with destructive messaging, but it is very possible and the life you change will be your own.
Christopher Robin was right..... ~You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.~
I look forward to hearing from you!
Live with Intensity and Purpose!
Carla

No comments:
Post a Comment