Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Proposal.......Griffin is Engaged!!

I was sitting in my Diversity Class on Thursday night when a text message from Griffin came through. I had just spoken to him Thursday morning as he was getting ready to board this plane for Cabo San Lucas. Griffin and Jackie were going with Jackie's parents for their annual long week in the sun.. Griffin has always loved the beach, the sun and the complete relaxation this trip brings. He told me he loved me and he would see me next week. When I saw his text I was a little concerned, just because I know unless it was very important he wouldn't be trying to connect from Mexico...

I grabbed my glasses picked up my phone and much to my surprise was the following message, "Mom, I asked Jac to be my wife, she said yes!!!" which was followed by a picture of the spectacular diamond ring on Jackie's little finger. What a moment.... it was as if... a slide show of Griffin's life starting playing in my mind..I recalled my holding him in the hospital right after his birth, his first smile, his first laugh out loud, his first attempt at crawling and then walking. His sweet little spirit with fat little hands... His blond hair and blue eyes.. His love of learning, his gift for persistence. His love of Philosophy and other cultures.. His love of travel and adventure. How does a mother express, explain and share her feelings about her son? Griffin was a beautiful little toe headed boy who has grown into a devastatingly handsome man who is confident in his abilities and secure in the life he has chosen. Griffin was always focused on one goal or the next. He is blessed with great intellect, compassion, kindness and a keen sense of justice and mercy.

When I saw the ring... and let me tell you ladies... it was a sparkler... I could tell like everything in Griffin's life, he was deliberate in his planning, creating and presenting Jackie with the perfect ring. His proposal would have been intimate, personal and well thought out. Griffin is just that way... He is an extraordinary man who has prepared himself well for taking the next step in his life.

Griffin was never one to rush into relationships. It's as if he always knew he would find his North Star when the time was right.. and that he did. Griffin and Jackie are often compared to Ken and Barbie... they fit each other perfectly. Both of them treat each other with the up most respect, kindness, consideration and love. Key ingredients for building a successful life together..

I absolutely adore Jackie... She is just a wonderful woman. I am blessed to have her in my life. Not only is she gorgeous, she is kind, compassionate and always sees the best in everyone. Jackie is a bundle of positive energy and she attracts everyone to her. Together Griffin and Jackie will accomplish great things in life.

When the news came.. I was moved to tears... I have had the extraordinary opportunity of raising Griffin. It's hard to express the joy a mother feels when she sees her son growing into a man who magnifies the qualities of love, integrity, respect, kindness and compassion especially towards his future wife. Within their circle of friends, I am reminded often of what a wonderful man Griffin is.

When Griffin asked Jackie's dad for his permission to ask Jackie to marry him... Dennis told me... He was moved to tears. He also told me how lucky Jackie was to have a partner who loves her unconditionally, encourages her to follow her dreams. Dennis knows Griffin will take good care of Jackie...

Happiness is having a relationship with your adult children... Joy is being a part of their daily lives.... Bliss is watching your children marry and have children of their own... Divine is understanding the blessings you have...Gratitude is a profound thankfulness for the love than binds us.

The proposal.. the ring... now turn to the planning...

Today I send Griffin and Jackie my love... as they enjoy a Saturday on the beach planning their future... By the Way.... I hope you both will have your sunglasses on... Your future is so bright, your going to need them.

I love you both.. see you next week!

Love Mom...

Live with Intensity and Purpose.

2 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful post! I love to read your writings! Thanks for sharing and congratulations to you and your future Groom and Bride!

    ReplyDelete