Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Everything Happens for a Reason....

This morning I was gently reminded that 'everything happens for a reason'. I arrived at the airport at 5:00 am this morning anticipating a non eventful trip from Phoenix to Minneapolis arriving in Kansas City by 3:30. I made my reservation with the idea of spending as much time possible with Cori, helping her with Henli. Cori is getting ready to return to work next week and has a company meeting she must attend Wednesday and Thursday in Des Moines. She asked me prior to Henli's birth if I would come. I was on a mission this morning to get checked in, through security and to the gate. At 5:40 am I received a call from the Delta call center letting me know my flight had been cancelled. Delta had re-routed me to Atlanta then doubling back to Kansas City, my connection times would be tight only to arrive very late in the afternoon. My heart sank... I felt sick about spending the whole day not making my final destination when I knew Cori and Henli really needed me to be on time. I was frantic and called Cori, she was very calm and said, "Mom, just breathe everything happens for a reason".

The gate agent for Delta was not only unsympathetic she was down right rude. I was in shock at her blaming me for the flight cancellation. After 2 minutes of dealing with Tracy.. I was done. The other gate agent called his supervisor who came to the gate right away. He understood my frustration, I understood the flight being cancelled was out of any one's control, however the way I was treated at the gate was within the gate agents control. The supervisor was amazing, he asked for a minute to see what was available and within minutes he was standing in front of me asking if I would mind flying US Airways non stop to Kansas City, which would get me there at 1:30 with the whole afternoon to be with Brett, Cori and Henli... The tears started streaming down my face. This man was the answer to my prayers. He understood my getting to Kansas City was not only important to me, my arrival was crucial for Cori to get errands done for her leaving for 2 days. He turned a terrible situation into a fairy tale for me, a stranger. Cori was right everything does happen for a reason. Had my flight not been cancelled, I might have been stuck at some random airport...instead my little granddaughter was waiting to pick me up.

I am so blessed. Just when I needed a little divine intervention... Lucanio showed up with the ability to make the decision to re book my reservation on US Air... which put me where I needed to be ahead of the game. Did I mention a smooth flight arriving 20 minutes early. Thank you Lucanio for listening, caring and being the solution I was in dire need of. Thank you for feeling the inspiration to lend me a hand. All ended well.

Today has been 'serendipitous'... Lunch at Legends in Kansas City, errands run, getting Cori ready for her meeting, being in all the right places.

Tonight as I rocked Henli and held her close, I fell in love all over again. There is something simply magical about being a grandmother... I can't explain it, won't try cuz it won't matter. You can only experience this extraordinary blessing when you become a grandparent. Tonight I am on official 'Nana' duty.

I encourage you to reflect on a little divine intervention that has recently taken place in your life. How did you feel knowing you had divine help in your corner? How many times have you been the one who can listen, care and make all the difference in another's life?

STOP, LOOK and LISTEN....You never know when your divine nature will be called upon to make a difference in a strangers life....Today I had a refresher course on being prepared!

Live with Intensity and Purpose...

Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment